Thursday, September 22, 2011

Take me out to the ball game


Tiffani found me on Etsy, and asked for a safari animal set, customized to include a Tiger holding a number 3 sculpture, and a palm tree.

Tiffani did a great job of creating the safari themed cake that follows...



Fast forward a bit and Tiffani is at it again.  Only this time she had a baseball themed cake in mind.  The cake was to be a 10" round on a 14" square.  She provided me with a list of items that she wanted for the cake and this is what I made.

For the top of the top tier:  6" baseball bat, 3" tall Yankee baseball cap, 4" mitt, two baseballs, a large #8
Side of the top tier: Baseball pennants spelling out the name "ASHER"
Top of the bottom tier: 4 base plates
Side of the bottom tier: jerseys with the number 8, baseball bats, mitts, stars
Additional decorations:  small baseballs (to be interspersed with beading), and 2 2" baseball mits for two of the corners of the cake.






The toppers haven't even shipped yet, so I don't have a "finished cake" photo to show you at the moment, but I can't wait to see it!  I hope you can picture it in your mind.

If you can dream it, I would love the opportunity to make it in fondant!

Happy Styling,

Deborah
Cupcake Stylist

No comments:

Post a Comment